Along with accumulating the kind of wisdom that can only be derived with experience comes additional benefits of getting older. For example, while your body might be fighting the advancement of years, you can take advantage of many discounts now that you weren’t qualified to enjoy in your younger days. Read on to learn about some of the best discounts you can get as a senior and what you need to know to take advantage of them:
When Are You Qualified to Enjoy Senior Discounts?
Establishments set their own age requirements for their specific stores, restaurants or services. There are some general rules utilized by most of the industry, though, and learning these guidelines will ensure you know about all possible discounts to which you are entitled.
- Auto Insurance Companies: Often, auto insurance companies will offer senior discounts to clients over the age of 50.
- Restaurants: Generally dining establishments have some sort of discounts to customers over the age of 55.
- Retailers: Many retailers offer discounts to shoppers over the age of 60.
Helpful Tip: If you don’t know, ask. There is no reason not to ask if a senior discount is available for any experience, service, or product you purchase. The worst they can say is no, they don’t offer a discount.
Popular Discounts For Seniors
The following is a collection of some general savings you can take advantage of as a senior:
- KOHL’S: This family department store that sells jewelry, clothing, shoes and more, offers seniors a 15% discount to enjoy each and every Wednesday. Keep in mind, the KOHL’S discount cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts.
- Walgreens: Take advantage of 20% off in store and 10% off online purchases, including discounts on beauty products and prescriptions on their monthly Senior’s Day. Contact your local store to inquire about their specific date. You must have a Balance Rewards card to take advantage of Walgreen’s senior saving’s day.
- RiteAid: You can take advantage of a 20% senior discount at RiteAid as part of their Senior Wellness program the first Wednesday of every month.
- McDonalds: Many McDonalds offer seniors a cup of coffee at a deep discount. You can also enjoy a discount on drinks as well. Ask your local restaurant about their specific savings.
- Chili’s: You can get up to 10% off your bill if you are over the age of 55 at Chili’s.
- Wendy’s: This establishment offers a variety of discounts to seniors. Most Wendy’s locations provide seniors from 5 to 10% off or a free or deeply discounted drink. The age requirement and specific discounted products are up to each Wendy’s establishment, so you have to inquire about what type of discount you could enjoy.
- Golden Corral: This buffet style eatery offers seniors a significant discount. If you are over the age of 60 years of age, you can opt for Golden Corral Senior’s Buffet for either lunch or dinner. You can save even more if you dine from 11 am to 4pm Monday-Saturday and enjoy the Senior Early Birth Special.
- KFC: You can enjoy a small drink with any meal purchased at KFC.
Keep the above locations in mind when looking for a deal, but remember, you can ask for a discount at anywhere you dine, shop or do business, so always inquire about available discounts.